Knowing when air pollution is forecast to get worse will help you to prepare. If you have an iPhone or an Android smartphone, you might like to use our free app
. Or you might like to subscribe to our free alerts
by text message, voicemail or email here.
• Download the free airTEXT smart phone app.
The free air
TEXT smart phone app gives forecasts for today and tomorrow of pollution, UV, grass pollen and temperature. Available for iPhones and Android smartphones.
• Receive free air quality alerts by email, text message or voicemail.
To receive free air quality alerts please enter your details below and click "Subscribe".
- Choose whether to receive alerts by email, text message, or voicemail to landline.
- Choose whether to receive alerts the day before, or on the morning, of a high pollution day.
- You can change preferences and update your details at any time, by contacting us.
- We take every care with your personal data. For full details see our terms and conditions.
- We have Twitter pages which provide tweets when air quality alerts are issued.
- Use the drop-down below to view the Twitter page for a specific borough or region.
- You can then follow the page to get alerts as tweets.
- The airTEXT RSS feeds provide air quality forecast information.
- Use the drop-down below to view the RSS feed for a specific borough or region.
• For further help
If you are unable to receive airTEXT alerts by any of
these methods, please contact your local borough and
advise them of this problem. This will help us plan our
service for the future and ensure we get alerts to
everyone who needs them.
Here is how to unsubscribe from air
- To unsubscribe from text message alerts: text "airtextstop" to 78070. Please make sure "airtextstop" is all one word, without spaces. You will be charged at your standard text message rate.
- To unsubscribe from email or voicemail alerts: simply click here to send us an e-mail. Please make sure to include the email address or landline phone number on which you are receiving alerts.
We're sorry to see you go. If you have any suggestions on how the service can be improved, please let us know by emailing us